KoldLok Integral Raised Floor Grommet
The KoldLok® Integral raised floor grommet is designed for new installations and fits into the raised floor tiles prior to the installation of the cabinets.
Based on measurements at multiple data centres, between 50% - 80% of conditioned air is not reaching the air intake of IT equipment due to unsealed flooring openings. This lost air, known as bypass airflow, contributes to IT equipment hot spots, cooling unit inefficiencies and increasing infrastructure costs.
By sealing cable cut-outs with KoldLok® raised floor grommets you can address this bypass airflow, so drastically improving the cooling capacity within the data centre and preventing the detrimental effects bypass airflow has.
- Increases existing cooling unit capacity
- Reduces the need to purchase additional cooling units
- Improves equipment reliability and extends equipment life
- Increases static pressure under the raised floor and improves cool air delivery through perforated tiles and floor grates
- Facilitates Cold Aisle / Hot Aisle best practices
KoldLok® Integral Features
- The KoldLok® Integral raised floor grommet is inherently self-sealing, using multi-layered, different sized filaments which interweave and overlap.
- The fibres are cantilevered, so forcing them to close.
- There are over 3,000 filaments per cross sectional inch.
- The moulded plastic rim protects cables from any sharp metal edges the cut tile may have.
- All metal components within the gommets are anodized to resist corrosion.
- Overall dimension are: 11" x 8¼" x 1?" (279mm x 210mm x 41mm)
- Usable cable opening of 8" x 4" (203mm x 102mm)
- Centre tile cut-out dimension: 9¼" x 6¾" (235mm x 172mm)
- Long edge tile cut-out dimension: 9¼" x 7½" (235mm x 191mm)