PlenaFill® Blanking Panel SheetsPlenaFill® Blanking Panel Sheets
Good practice in the data centre requires that unused U space is sealed with blanking panels to prevent hot exhaust air from finding its way to the air intake area at the front of the cabinet.
PlenaFill® blanking panels are supplied in 27U sheets and can be cut to any required size, avoiding the need to store several sizes of traditional blanking panel.
PlenaFill® blanking panels are a proven solution to eliminate hot spots and reduce overal cabinet temperatures. Air-intake temperature is known to be a significant factor in the reliability of IT equipment, with raised intake temperatures leading to equipment failure and expensive downtime.
A major cause of raised air-intake temperatures is hot exhaust air recirculating through unsealed, open rack space. Using blanking panels helps eliminate this issue. However, standard blanking panels have a horizontal gap between them that still allows hot exhaust air to leak into the front of the rack. PlenaFill® blanking panels are fixed in a sheet and eliminate this gap.
Also by preventing the recirculation of hot exhaust air you'll reduce bypass airflow and save on energy costs.
Features of PlenaFill® Blanking Panels
- Pack of 10 PlenaFill® blanking panels equals 270 1.75" (44mm) rack mount "U's"
- Fits all 19" EIA server racks
- Sheets can be cut to fit any unused space, including less than 1U
- Fire rated material: ULVO class 94
- Quickly and easily fill large sections of un-occupied rack space, stopping bypass airflow
- No more guessing at how many blanking panels are needed
- Scalable, less storage space and less freight cost
- Installs in seconds - no tools required
- Fixings available for square hole, round hole and for 10/32 thread rails