Splice ProtectorsAfter making a fusion splice joint, slide the protector sleeve over the joint and apply heat, either with an oven or a heat gun and shrink the sleeve onto the fibre.
The protector comprises a stainless steel pin over an EVA adhesive lined tube and the assembly surrounded by a heat shrinkable polyethylene colour coded tube, length 61mm.
- Designed to restore complete environmental and mechanical integrity of coating or buffer of optical fibre after splicing.
- Hot melt adhesive tube bonds both to the fibre and heat shrinkable tube to effectively encapsulate fusion splice.
- Resistant to heat shocks.
- Sleeves are preshrunk which ensures entegrity of assembly during transportation.
- Clear colour.
- Other colours available upon request.
- Available from stock in 61mm or 45mm to order.